Monday, June 8, 2009

Scripture Power!

Yesterday I had the chance to "recharge my spiritual batteries" as I've once heard it called. I'll be honest, waking up at 4:30 every morning has started to take its toll on me and last week I felt really drained and almost numb but yesterday church was wonderful and I had a lot of time for study and reflection and thats all it took to rejuvinate me and get me ready for another week! I LOVE Sundays! Yesterday in one of the girl's testimonies, she talked about the primary song, "scripture power" and that night as I studied I truly felt the power it brought back into me. If only everything could be as clear and simple as primary songs:

Because I want to be like the Savior, and I can,
I’m reading His instructions, I’m following His plan.
Because I want the power His word will give to me,
I’m changing how I live, I’m changing what I’ll be.

[Chorus]Scripture power keeps me safe from sin.
Scripture power is the power to win.
Scripture power! Ev’ryday I need
The power that I get each time I read.

I’ll find the sword of truth in each scripture that I learn.
I’ll take the shield of faith from these pages that I turn.
I’ll wear each vital part of the armor of the Lord,
And fight my daily battles, and win a great reward.

[Chorus]Scripture power keeps me safe from sin.
Scripture power is the power to win.
Scripture power! Ev’ryday I need
The power that I get each time I read.

Everytime I set aside adequate time for reading my scriptures I'm reminded of the promises in this sweet little song!

1 comment:

  1. Scripture Power keeps me safe from sin:) so true i love you girl. cant wait for weddddd!

    ReplyDelete