Saturday, January 30, 2010

Feeling Domestic..

Saw it. Adored It.

I've decided one of my favorite things to do is get all ready, go to the grocery store to buy ingredients for a specific recipe, come home and turn music on LOUD in the kitchen, make the recipe and share it. Last night I made this recipe that I got from my friend Nancy. It's DELICIOUS.. Try it out:)

SANTA ROSA VALLEY SALAD

2 boxes long grain & wild rice (Uncle Ben’s cooked with seasonings)

Juice of one lemon

4 chicken breast halves, cooked and diced

4 green onions, diced

1 red and green pepper, diced

3 oz. fresh Chinese pea pods (remove ends and blanch)

2 med. avocados, diced

1 c. chopped pecans, toasted

Lettuce leaves for garnish (if serving on individual plates)

DRESSING

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 Tbs. Dijon mustard

½ tsp. salt

¼ tsp. pepper

¼ tsp. sugar

1/3 c. rice wine vinegar

1/3 c. vegetable oil

Combine dressing ingredients in blender. Cover and refrigerate.

Mix salad ingredients except avocados and pecans. Combine with dressing and refrigerate.

Before serving, add avocados and pecans and garnish with lettuce leaves.

*Can be made a day in advance


It turned out great! Mmm. (Don't worry, I'm not planning on specializing in food-photography. It tastes a lot better than it looks, I promise.)

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment