Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Isn't it Ironic?

OH. MY. GOSH. So my mom asked me to go up in the attic to get some boxes down and as I was climbing up the ladder I was telling her how much I hated ladders and we started talking about how my mom got hurt one time going up into the attic and sure enough (don't ask me WHAT I was thinking) as I got to the top and stepped off the ladder I forgot that I was supposed to step onto the beams and I stepped onto the ply wood and FELL THROUGH THE ATTIC. bahahaha. I am so lucky that there were boxes there to catch my fall and that I didn't break any bones. all I ended up with was a few scrapes and cuts and a little soreness. It was terrifying though. Ha. My mom was a mess but after we came back out to look at the mess I created we ended up laughing our heads off and I said a prayer of gratitude that our garage has so much junk in so I had cushioning on the way down:) What a blessing. Here's the damage:
The hole I fell through:

The broken ceiling:

The boxes that saved me:So blessed that this was the worst of it (I will say though.. its worse than this picture makes it look and it burns pretty bad. I think I'll be sore tomorrow. Ha.)
Oh man. What a morning. Ha.

3 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara!!! Oh wow.. ok..that is hilarious!!! (I wouldn't have said that if you got hurt) but I'm so glad you survived the fall... what a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your mission call. I wonder if they have attics in the Philippines... By the way, if you would have been wearing longer sleeves those scrapes would have been averted.

    ReplyDelete